GENERAL GRAND CHAPTER RITUAL JEWEL
|General Grand Chapter is happy to honor our ritualists by presenting a jewel to those Companions who excel in ritualistic endeavors. This prestigious award is presented at no cost to Companions who qualify by completing at least 12 points total from the following options:|
1. Conferred the Mark Master Degree as Right Worshipful Master (3 points)
2. Conferred the Past Master Degree as Right Worshipful Master (2 points)
3. Conferred the Most Excellent Master Degree as Right Worshipful Master, 1st Section (2
4. Conferred the Royal Arch Degree as the High Priest (Jeshua) (3 points)
5. Serve as Principal Sojourner in the Royal Arch Degree. (3 points)
6. Present the Lecture of the Mark Master ( 2 points), or Most Excellent Master ( 2 points), or
Royal Arch Degree (3 points).
7. Serve as indicated in the following degrees: (2 points)
a. Sr. Deacon in the Mark Master Degree AND
b. Sr. Warden in the Most Excellent Master Degree AND
c. Haggai in the Royal Arch Degree
8. Serve as indicated in the following degrees: (3 points)
a. Master Overseer in the Mark Master Degree AND
b. Sr. Deacon in the Most Excellent Master Degree AND
c. Capt. of the Host in the Royal Arch Degree.
9. Serve as Master of 1st, 2nd, 3rd Veils in Royal Arch Degree (1 point each)
The Companion must have performed the above parts from memory on at least two (2) occasions for actual candidates. Such performance must have been witnessed and attested to by one of the following: Current holder of GGC Ritualistic Jewel, or, a Past or Current General Grand Custodian of the Work, or, a Past or Current Grand High Priest of a constituent Grand Chapter, or Chairman of Ritualistic Work Committee of the candidate's Grand Chapter.
There shall be no "mistakes" quota. Each candidate is expected to do a creditable job in the part he is exemplifying. This implies not just rote memorization but also appropriate floor work, vocal shading and emphasis, and gestures, etc. appropriate to the part. Point credit shall only be allowed for each separate part performed, not for multiple performances of the same part. For example, if a Companion performs the Principal Sojourner part on, say, ten different occasions, he will only be awarded 3 points, not 10 x 3 or 30 points.
These parts must have been performed since January 1, 2000.
The Grand Secretaries of the various jurisdictions have nomination forms available for Companions who qualify.
FOR ON-LINE Ritual Jewel Scoreboard Form [pdf] - CLICK HERE